Write for Us
The Agency Post is looking for great content to inform and delight members of the ad world. We accept bylined articles from experts in advertising, marketing and related fields.
Currently, we are seeking practical how-to articles that have applicable information for other industry professionals. We also accept opinion pieces on current issues affecting the industry, but contributors should provide important takeaways or suggestions for improvements in these types of articles.
Content topics we are interested in:
- Marketing Disciplines (Branding, Content, Design, Digital, Social, Search, Media, PR, etc.)
- Non-traditional Marketing Tactics (Experiential or Guerilla Marketing)
- Advertising to specific target audiences or industries
- Career and HR/Talent Practices
- Agency Operations
- Business Development
- Agency Leadership
- Collaboration with Vendors/Partners
Benefits of Contributing
- Reach our devoted audience of advertising, marketing and PR professionals, entrepreneurs, agency owners and more.
- Make your agency stand out as a thought leader in the industry by providing your expertise to our audience of other marketing professionals.
- Promote your company or personal brand with links to your website and social media profiles in your contributor profile appearing at the bottom of every article.
- Content must be well written with high-quality information, actionable advice or a unique perspective on an industry issue.
- Content must be original. Our readers do enjoy white papers, infographics and excerpts from our contributors’ books, but it must be your content that you have permission to republish here.
- Since content is written by advertising professionals for advertising professionals, each article should be consumable in five minutes or less. Most articles we publish are between 450 and 900 words. Articles may be longer if the content truly warrants it.
- Articles should not be overly self-promotional, but personal stories and examples that add to the argument of the article are always welcome.
- Content should reflect your unique voice. Wit, whimsy and humor are always appreciated on The Agency Post.
- All content should be submitted as a Word document. Please include any image files or video links that serve as examples.
- Imagery is provided by The Agency Post. If you would like to submit an image to accompany your piece, you must have the rights to publish it or is must fall under a creative commons license.
- The Agency Post accepts all articles and interviews via email, so you can write and submit on your own schedule.
- We’re looking for casual flings and serious relationships; some of our contributors publish once, while others choose to contribute on a regular basis.
- We generally coordinate our editorial calendar a few weeks ahead, but if you would like to write a time-sensitive piece related to current events in the advertising world, please let us know so we can publish your article in a timely manner.
- When our editorial team receives your article, we edit primarily for grammar and make every effort to preserve your unique voice as a writer. However, we reserve the right to edit your content as needed for clarity and conciseness. We will send you the final version of your article prior to published.
All Agency Post contributors are vetted experts in their fields. You can apply to be a contributor here.