MARKETING: Why You Work In The Best Industry
To start off the Industries section of The Agency Post, we thought it best to remind ourselves of why marketing is a fantastic industry in which to work. It’s fast-paced, unpredictable, subjective (at times) – and ridiculously awesome. Each day, we, as marketing professionals, have the opportunity to educate, influence, inspire, cause action and more through limitless strategies and tactics.
Here is what a few of your peers had to say about why they love the marketing industry:
- “First, I get to hang out with endlessly curious and insanely creative people who are a lot more interesting than I am. Second, the world is changing. The boundaries and silos are disappearing. Anything is possible.” – Gordon
- “David Ogilvy said our business needs a massive transfusion of talent, which he believed was most likely found among non-conformists, dissenters and rebels. Look at who I get to spend my days with: rock stars, pirates and those once voted most likely to do hard time. It keeps the day interesting the light bulb over my head from flickering.” – Stephen
- “We love the idea of starting with a blank canvas every time we take on a new design campaign. It reminds us that our abilities are only limited by our imagination.” – Splash Productions
- “In marketing and advertising, we get to believe in somebody else’s dream and make it come true.” – Mark
- “There is never a day when I don’t use my left brain/logical side and my right brain/creative side. That has value for me.” – Kara
- “As a designer, I get to learn and care about subjects with which I would normally never have contact.” – Charlie
- “I love working in marketing because it gives my creativity a platform to be seen and a built-in audience to cater to.” – Laura
- “The advertising industry attracts some of the most well-rounded, creative, energetic people whom I love to interact with.” – Janna
- “I love marketing because it’s storytelling and I love exploring new ways to share what makes something special.” – Julia
- “Kitche loves the challenge, passion and being part of the growth of our clients/partners!” – Franki
- “Advertising is always changing. The excitement and passion to keep breaking new boundaries makes it the best industry to be in.” – Ashley
- “Marketing makes pretty pictures meaningful and organizes the chaos of communication. Every perspective matters. Every challenge presents new opportunities to innovate and succeed.” – Emily
- “We are the ones that are charged with creating opportunity. Getting attention in a sea of red, shark infested water, where everyone is trying to be noticed. Building value in products and services that in many cases are not unlike what many of our competitors offer. What a challenge to be faced with every day. I love it because we are in a DYNAMIC space! What we do changes drastically every day because of the innovation that happens in the marketing space. You don’t see the guys in operations or accounting having to keep up with this rapid pace of change. Where else will you be faced with so many NEW ways to do your job? We are the group that is charged with understanding and navigating the way our new world will communicate. We are the group that will help teach our companies how to interact with our customers and our customers customers as the world shrinks and evolves. We are the ones that will be the connectors to the communities that matter most to our business success. Without us, it is going to be very difficult to succeed.” – Mark
Feel motivated about about what you do? Add why you love marketing in the comments below! We will continue to update the article over time with your insights. Cheers to us!
Now, re-read the contributions above and below. What trends about our industry can you draw out of these sample responses?